mercoledì 20 novembre 2013

Ireland

Ireland by Tim Vicary




SUBGENRE: Factfiles.

STORY/PLOT: Ireland is made by "Different islands" : one of pace full rivers, one of green fields... This island is also full of song and dance, pubs and theatres. This book talks about the story of this island from Celtic origins and the fighting to be free from England, to the contemporary Ireland and about life, sport and Irish culture in general. This country is made for young people, because there are many pubs, parks and music everywhere.
SETTING: Ireland from IV century b.C. to XXI Century a.C.
NARRATOR: Third person.
Themes: Life in a different country, culture.
PERSONAL COMMENT: I loved this book because I have been there on this summer and I fell in love with this wonderful island. This book has taken me back to this summer because describes very well Irish people, sport, culture, music...





Costantino De Blasiis.

1 commento:

  1. PERSONAL COMMENT
    I've never been to Ireland and has never been one of my main destinations. As many people when I think to abroad, I think England with London or New York with America, but lately a lot of guys who make studying holidays, go in Ireland. Thanks to the magazines and this book I discovered the beauty of this place, with green fields, lakes, rivers and high mountains, a fabulous place. Now I know the typical products of this place like the famous Guinness, or the origins of some celebrations such as St. Patrick.
    by Monica Labbattaglia

    RispondiElimina