martedì 11 febbraio 2014

ROBINSON CRUSOE

ROBINSON CRUSOE by Daniel Defoe

SUBGENRE: Adventure
SETTING: 17th century
STORY/PLOT: Robinson Crusoe was a young man that wanted to go around the oceans, against his father's idea that wanted his son to be a lawyer. So he went by ship in Guinea but he shipwrecked off at the South America. He lived alone for many years, he hated food which was on the island and built a little house with some objects in the nature. He discovered that in the island there was another man that became his friend, but after that, he returned with a ship in England and got married.
CHARACTERS: Robinson Crusoe, Friday
NARRATOR: 1st person
PERSONAL COMMENT: I like this book because it's interesting for the adventures and I admire the action that Robinson Crusoe do to survive in the island.


Chiara De Ninno

1 commento:

  1. I don't like this book so much because I don't judge it very interesting, but I was surprised by Robinson's ability to adapt everywhere. In fact he shipwrecks in a desert land so he builds a shed using what he finds in nature and eats everything edible to survive. I don't know what to do in a similar situation but it's not easy changing own life in short order. So, apart from an adventure story that is very engaging, I have appraised best Robinson's qualities. I have read this book imaging how Robinson could face the consequences, so I can suggest this book to everyone who, however, likes adventure genre.

    Chiara Manicone

    RispondiElimina